When you start your search for your wedding venue, there are five important things you should know. By asking the correct questions, it will help you to narrow down your options and choose the venue that is the best fit for you. Since the venue rental fee is a large chunk of your budget, you need to be educated with some facts before you sign the contract.
1. Is the venue available on the date I have in mind? You may want a fall wedding, keep in mind this is prime time, and dates are booked pretty far in advance. If you don’t have your heart set on a certain date, ask when the venue has reduced rates. This can save you a lot of money booking in the offseason or off day.
2. What is included with the rental fee? Are chairs and tables included? Are linens included? Is the rental fee just for the “space?” Is catering included? Is liquor included? Is there a ceremony fee? These are all items that add up, so it’s important to know what is and what is not included in the venue rental fee.
3. Do you have to use their recommended vendors? Ask if they have a preferred vendor list. If you don’t use their vendors do you have to pay an extra fee? Again, here is where the costs add up. Venues like to work with the same reputable, reliable vendors with who they have a history. This helps the venues to ensure that the wedding runs smoothly.
4. How many hours are included? This is an important question because if you decide to have a long party, you will be paying for the extra time, servers, and service fees.
5. Do you need to purchase Liability Insurance? Some venues require you to purchase this type of insurance.
When you visit the venues, you will be well prepared with these questions. Also, your wedding planner is a great resource when it comes to learning more about the venues and their offerings. You may even have your wedding planner accompany you on your venue visits (if that is included in your contract). Your wedding planner may ask additional questions that can benefit you as well. Questions you may not know to ask!
So make your list of venues and questions and start researching now! The popular venues and popular dates fill up fast! Wishing you luck as you choose your wedding venue! Let the planning begin!